Saturday 25 August 2007

Hunter Pearls

Ok, we're still at Savu Savu. No I'm not complaining! It's been really go to stock up on everything, and get some solid Internet access. Mum, Grandma and I went to a pearl shop yesterday. They grow the pearls here in Savu Savu-don't worry outside the harbour- and we went on the tour last time we were here. It's a pretty good tour, they tell you all about them and how they grow them etc... I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn about pearls, or just likes them.
Anyway getting a bit of the topic here... Ok, so we went to the shop that they have here. The shop's got lots of gorgeous pearls in earrings, pendants, necklaces (they don't set them in Savu Savu but they will set a bracelet in leather with pearls). There's this really nice pendant that is set in gold silver, it's an octopus but main part of the head is the pearl.
We went though all the lose pearls and I found a really nice bunch of not-so-expensive pearls. They were colourful and bright but had lots of imperfections(by imperfections I mean that their not the perfectly round and smooth, the ones that I choose were really wonky looking!). I really like the not perfect pearls, the imperfections give them a character. I got 3 pearls set in a bracelet... but I'm not even allowed to see what they look like when they're set till my birthday(7th of October)!!!!!

No comments: